Adventurers and business travelers jaunt to different parts of the globe daily putting them at a greater risk of disease and unsafe situations. You have real reasons for concern regarding your health and safety while traveling in this dynamic world.
- Fifty million people travel to the developing world each year and over a quarter of them report medical problems.
- About 4 million are sick enough to seek medical care abroad or upon return.
- Up to 50,000 travelers each year require medical evacuation.
This book addresses a wide range of possible topics in a concise and easy reference format. It provides an excellent basis for travelers to recognize areas of concern.
- Why most travelers do not carry medical evacuation coverage and why you must?
- What do you do when you are bitten by an insect, have an allergic reaction, have a dental emergency, suffer a serious nosebleed, remove a fish hook from your finger, develop an unexplained fever, experience a pain in your belly, or even catch a cinder in the eye?
- What do you do when you suffer a physical attack?